Sunday, October 30, 2011

Candy Corn Tutu

I was hoping to have a few pics of the adorable little girl that I made this for but didn't want to post after Halloween so I thought I'd better go ahead without.  So without further ado...
A fun & frilly candy corn tutu!! I love the way this turned out. I used white, orange, yellow and orange sparkle tulle (btw has anybody used this before? I LOVE it) and white ribbon for the tutu, baby tee is from Walmart with a rhinestone iron on decal from Hobby Lobby at 50% off $2. For the headband I decided to make a candy corn out of felt which was super simple. 

Let's discuss this fun little chica....molly my dress form. I found her at a local flea market for $12.75!! Has anyone noticed how expensive those things are I was beyond excited.  But let me share the story..she doesn't appear to be a normal type dress form, in fact she's kinda scary looking without her super cute tutu. She came with legs, toes and flip flops?? The man at the store said he thought she used to be a planter? Umm...ok I could have cared what she used to be in her past life all I cared about was that she was coming home with me. (On a side note, I'm considering painting her toenails to make her less scary) She also wears a pair of blue jean shorts and a red tank top which both have been glued to her under the tutu.  Long story short I have been wanting a dress form for quite some time for my tutu's and I could not have been more excited to finally have found one and a child size at that!
And just one more pic :)
-Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment